For a full training on all muscle groups do not need a subscription to the gym, fitness equipment and free weights. All you need is your body.
Note that some exercises will require additional items. You may need a sturdy wide chair or a can of water that is comfortable to hold in your hand.
However, most exercises do not require additional items. If something is needed, it is not a special sports equipment, but household items that will be found in every home.
Exercises with own weight, like a warm-up
Watching the newcomers, and not only in the gym, I do not cease to be surprised. It would seem that with the abundance and availability of information, everyone should know that the right warm-up is a guarantee of quality training and protection against injuries and strains. But it was not there. Many visitors, entering the gym immediately sit down on a Roman chair or other simulators for the press. And then complain that they do not go squat with the barbell, or vertical presses, because they feel great discomfort when performing these exercises in the solar plexus.
See also: Workout at home
And this is not surprising, since in the central part of the body there are a lot of large nerve nodes, overloading which, we turn the rest of the workout into a waste of time and money. In addition, most exercises on the press are not as simple and harmless as they seem at first glance, because in addition to the front of the trunk, the lumbar spine is also actively overloaded.
The essence of the warm-up can be laid in one word: warming up. Muscles, like the whole body as a whole, need to be warmed up and prepared for physical exertion. Therefore, I advise starting a warm-up after spending 4-5 minutes on a treadmill or any other cardio simulator, performing an exercise with an average tempo before the appearance of mild perspiration. Then you need to perform a set of movements to warm up the joints and with a clear conscience go already to the exercises with your weight. Depending on the level of training and experience, you can use any, even the most complex exercises with your own weight, but I prefer two, the most simple:
- Push-ups from the floor (as an option for women, push-ups from the bench)
- Deep sit-ups with a wide setting of the legs
Push-ups perfectly warm up and prepare for loading the top, and squats, the lower part of the body. But only to perform these exercises you need not in the power, but in a light warm-up style.
Exercises with own weight for the mass
From the point of view of physiology, training with its own weight, in terms of the degree of impact on the muscles, is no different from training with a barbell or dumbbells. In 2011, in the US, research was conducted involving American football players who compared the body’s hormonal response to exercises with their weight and basic movements with the barbell. The results of the experiment showed that exercises with ropes and burrs (a complex exercise from CrossFit, including squeezing from the floor, squatting and jumping out of the squat) caused a stronger growth of hormones than deadlift and squats. True, and more short-term.
These studies set a goal to answer the question: is it possible, without using the basic exercises, enslaving players’ joints, to build strength and mass with the help of another load? Yes, people answered in white coats, you just need to turn the load with your weight from light, comfortable, to stressful and heavy. In other words, exercises with their weight on the mass must be carried out on the same principles as ordinary exercises with free weights. Here are the five most important of them:
- Emphasize the time spent under the load. The maximum number of muscle fibers is included only from the 40th second of the exercise. That is, when performing an exercise with its weight, the measure of their effectiveness for mass gain is not the number of performed movements, but the magnitude of the time interval. If in the formula 4 approaches of 20 push-ups, the second parameter is replaced by 40 seconds, the result will be higher.
- Constantly perform the progression of the load. This factor directly echoes the previous one, since the basis for the growth of muscle mass is the stress factor. This can be achieved in several ways:
- constantly raise the number of repetitions in the approach;
- slow down the pace of the movements;
- reduce the rest time between approaches:
- use additional weighting agents (vests, backpacks)
- Use unilateral versions of exercises. Squats on one leg, push-ups or pull-ups on one hand – these movements are more likely from the arsenal of circus performers. However, each of them has its own light version, which can be carried out by the usual visitor to the gym. But the return from exercises performed with the help of only one limb will be simply colossal, as it will force the body to work at the limit of its capabilities.
- Pause in movement. The eccentric delay of 4-5 seconds during exercise with its weight per weight is the strongest stimulus to hypertrophy of muscle fibers. In addition, this isometric load has a beneficial effect on the growth of strength and endurance.
- Actively use the negative phase of the exercise. The negative phase of the movement involves a larger muscle mass in the work than the positive one – this is an axiom. It was the negative movements that formed the basis for the so-called “Colorado experiment”, which resulted in 28 kilograms of muscle mass collected over 28 days . Exercises performed with their weight, but exclusively in the negative phase (lowering on the bar, on the bars, even simple push-ups) give the growth of muscle mass no worse than the exercises with the bar.
And then I’ll put in 5 kopecks. Such recommendations look great on paper, but do not think that they are suitable for everyone without exception. It should be borne in mind that scientists made them for perfectly trained professional players in American football, whose average age is 22-28 years. Therefore, the advice of American researchers should be adapted to their level of preparation.
Exercise with your weight for weight loss
There were times when it was believed that morning jogging is the best kind of load for getting rid of excess weight. But people who believe in such a fallacy, it is now as difficult to find as the muscle mass of runners-marathon runners. Everyone who really wants to lose weight knows that the most powerful and natural fat burner is our muscles. The more of them on the body, the higher the consumption of calories and the faster the metabolism. Therefore, to lose weight quickly, you need to perform the most difficult exercises aimed at increasing muscle mass: squats, presses and traction. But does this mean that exercises with your weight for weight loss are useless?
Fortunately, this is not so. Yes, pacing on the support inferior to the effectiveness of squats with a bar, both in stimulating the growth of muscle mass, and for losing weight. But nevertheless, the performance of such exercises has one indisputable advantage: they can be performed at home. The effectiveness of exercises with their own weight for weight loss can be increased if you follow these 4 rules:
- Use complex exercises. The more complex the movement, the more energy-intensive it is. From this point of view, the burr is the best exercise with its own weight for weight loss, because it will combine at once three movements that are performed without interruption.
- Choose movements for large muscle groups. Exercises for the legs (lunges, squats, pacing) are more effective for losing weight, because they call for more calories than hand exercises. Do not forget that fat oxidizes in the presence of oxygen. From this point of view, leg exercises also have advantages over other exercises with their own weight for weight loss, as they activate the respiratory process.
- Perform a large amount of work. As much as we do not want, but fat begins to oxidize far from immediately. The first 40-45 minutes as fuel, the body uses glycogen (fuel for our muscles, derived from food). That is, a short workout with its weight for weight loss will be useful only as a mobile physical activity, but for fat burning it will be of little consequence. The problem can be solved by approaching it from two sides. First, use a low-carbohydrate dietas a nutrition scheme . And secondly, increase the training time to 50-60 minutes.
- Increase the level of training stress. Stress is not always a bad thing. And to get rid of excess fat, so generally wonderful. Any unexpected and strong stimulus (stress) causes in our body a rise in the level of the hormone adrenaline, which promotes the acceleration of fat metabolism. Effective training with your weight for weight loss should include exercises for different muscle groups, performed without interruption. Squats, combined in a complex with jumping on the support and with push-ups from the floor, will be more stressful than doing exercises for only one muscle group.
If, to perform exercises with their own weight for weight loss, add jumping rope and movement with a rubber shock absorber, the speed of the weight loss process will grow even more.
Drawing up the program
Training programs with their own weight are better to compose on a circular principle. That is, in one session it is desirable to work out the entire body. Or divide the load into the lower and upper part of the trunk. You can finish each session with a press.
Training programs can be invented for every day or 4-5 days a week. In each of the days you can vary the exercises, grips, etc. It is important that the total set of exercises covers the maximum of the muscular part of your body.
A light weight training program with its own weight can be used as a charge in the morning. After all, all the exercises you do without simulators, and most of them are quite suitable for home.