When pulling works the following groups of muscles work: small and large breasts; front serrated; wide, diamond-shaped, round and trapezoidal backs; shoulder group – triceps, biceps, deltoid muscles.
We train the whole body
The standard curriculum on the horizontal bar is aimed at working out groups of muscles of the upper body, but the lower part can also be involved in this process at home if you slightly modify the technique of execution. . To do this, you can use weighting and in a free vise to attract the legs to the chest, thereby straining their muscles during normal pull-ups. But even without additional adaptations, the effect of standard exercises for the horizontal bar is impressive, because there is a serious study of the following muscles:
- brachial and biceps muscles;
- and all the muscles of the back.
Regular gymnastics with a tourniquet at home will help to strengthen the whole body, lose weight, and achieve a beautiful relief.
See also: Protein slimming cocktail
People with a little physical training is difficult to determine which part of the body to begin to work out first. That’s why, starting to train on the crossbar, it is necessary to perform the best exercises on the bar, aimed at developing and strengthening all the muscles of the body.
Technique for pulling
Many people will be able to pull up a few times but to influence a particular group of muscles, it is necessary to perform the exercise correctly. As practice shows, even experienced and developed athletes do not always get to pull themselves correctly more than five times. Before you perform the program of pull-ups at home, you need a good warm-up and warming up your muscles. It is best to press several times from the floor and stretch the shoulder joints. When doing exercises on the crossbar at home, you must follow certain techniques.
- Observance of the correct position of the body. It is required to fix the legs, you can fix them between themselves and bend at the knee at an angle of ninety degrees. With this position, lifting is carried out due to the strength of the muscles of the hands (the help of the legs and pelvis is excluded), the back work is felt.
- Frequency and effort. For a thorough study of the muscles, the exercise is best performed slowly, that is, the lifting and lowering of the body should be carried out at the same speed and evenly. When moving, there should be no jerks. Hands must be kept in suspense. Muscle mass should be felt.
- Proper breathing – when lifting – a steady breath, while lowering – an exhalation.
Varieties of grips when performing pull-ups
Not all trainees at home pay attention to the position of hands on the bar, and it is from the grip that depends on what group of muscles will be the main load. The clutches of the crossbar differ as a narrow, medium, and wide.
- Narrow – used for training the forearm and biceps, excluding the action of the muscles of the back, is performed with the closest position of the hands.
- Medium – the location of the arms corresponds to the width of the shoulders. Load distribution occurs evenly. The arms of the shoulders and back are equally involved in lifting the trunk. The most common grip when pulling.
- Wide – is performed with the greatest mutual removal of hands. To create the greatest load, the thumb does not wrap around the bar. Designed to train the muscles of the back.
Different purposes – different techniques
By pulling, you can develop both strength and muscle mass. To learn how to correctly draw a certain bias, it is necessary to remember what the given exercise consists of. It consists of two stages:
- The positive phase is the lifting of the body
- Negative phase – lowering of the body
These phases are present in all their strength exercises and should be considered in more detail.
To generate power:
- Within three seconds a slow rise in the trunk, and dropping quickly – in one second.
- Gradually increase the number of approaches
- Create muscle tension when lifting
- Resting between approaches is no more than two to three minutes.
Working on the mass:
- Within one second, quickly raise the trunk and slowly lower it in about three seconds.
- A constant number of approaches without increasing
- When lowering the body muscles must be as tight as possible
- Rest between sets to do more than three minutes
- After training at home take a fairly energetically rich diet.
The program of pull-ups on the mass at home conditions has a reverse bias rather than the development of strength. When pull-ups are easy, weighting can be used to complicate the exercise at home. To weight your weight, belts with weights loaded on them, foot weights, sandpans are used. The weight of the load is added gradually. It should be borne in mind that when working with weighting agents, you must be careful not to harm the body. Experienced athletes practice pulling, on one hand, the second is behind your back, but here you need to have great strength and skill.
How to learn to draw from scratch
Even at home, you can equip the crossbar for pulling up by installing it in the doorway. If you do not know how to pull yourself up, start with the usual hovering on the horizontal bar, increasing the hanging time every day. Brushes of hands need to get used to the load so that the grip is stronger. Then you can start lifting the case. Grasp the middle grip and evenly pull the body up, elbows move down and spread out to the sides. Stabilize the body, straining the muscles of the press. Dropdown after the chin is above the crossbar.
We met with a noble exercise called pull-up on the bar. Now you know which tool will help you achieve the V-shape of the figure and can safely operate it.